Challenge 10 – Evaluate

Hi everyone,

This is sadly the final challenge from the Student Blogging Challenge for 2012. I have really enjoyed participating in the weekly challenges, and I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my posts. The first challenge was to take a survey on the actual Student Blogging Challenge website, which I have already done. The second challenge was to have a survey of your blog by someone who has not seen it before. I did this survey on my dad, who has only seen it once, and that was last year (I couldn’t find anyone that had never seen my blog before) Here it is:

The next challenge was to write an audit of your blog since the beginning of September since the challenges had started. Here are the questions and my answers:

• How many posts did you write?
I wrote 15 posts
  • How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge?
11 were school based or my own interests and 4 were from the challenges.
  • How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students?
In total, I received 110 comments (including some from me!)
  • Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened?
The post that received the most comments wasn’t actually a Student Blogging Challenge post, but one that I had written myself. It received 57 comments and it was a post about 50 places to visit before you die. I think it received that many comments because people must have found it interesting to compare many places and find out which ones they have been to and which ones they haven’t or really want to visit. In terms of the Student Blogging Challenge posts, the post that received the most comments was the one I wrote about Science and Dolphins. It received 6 comments including 2 that I wrote replying to the other comments. It must have received that many comments because people may have the same interests as me and like Dolphins, and so they find something similar between them and myself. 
  • Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why?
Non – Student Blogging Challenge wise, I enjoyed writing all the 100 Word Challenges because they were a fun thing to do with just 100 Words!
Student Blogging Challenge wise, I enjoyed writing about Dolphins, because I love Dolphins and while I was researching them, I also found out a lot about them!
  • Did you change blog themes at all and why?
I didn’t change blog themes at all because I feel that my current theme fits everything in well and suits my blog. 
  • How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough?
I have 16 widgets. I think that this is just right, as they don’t actually look like that many when you look at them in the sidebar, and also, most of them are ones like my blogroll, etc.
  • How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll?

I don’t actually have any, but I think I might add some soon.

Well, that’s it! I just want to thank Miss W who organised the Student Blogging Challenge! And, I will definitely be doing it again next year! If you have a blog, did you do the Student Blogging Challenge? If not, I recommend doing so next year!

Bye for now!

T&T